Sunday, December 30, 2012

Valeria Levitin

Can You Believe Your Eyes ?

Image

39-year-old Valeria Levitina, from Moscow Russia, now living in Monaco, decided to show how anorexia ruined her life and body. As a teenager, she moved permanently abroad. As often happens, one case, one phrase - changes a person's life forever. Rude remark about her weight made this girl give up eating in the pursuit of beauty and her desire to lose weight turned into anorexia.

She is the ”world’s thinnest woman”, who at 5ft 8in, weighs just 59 lbs.

If that is not disturbing enough, extreme anorexic sufferer Valeria Levitin gets fan mail from girls who want to emulate her skeletal look.

“I have received emails from young girls who want me to teach them how to be like me, ”Levitin told UK news agency Barcroft.

“All the letters I’ve had are from women, mainly in their twenties, who see me as some kind of inspiration.”

The 39-year-old said she is speaking out in an effort to avoid others “repeating” her fate.

“This is why I want to campaign against anorexia. I am not going to teach them how to die. It is not a game, it is not a joke, it is your life, ”she says.

“I want young people to live happy, healthy and meaningful lives. Anorexia has made me lonely, unattractive and repulsive for the people around me.”

Levitin developed her eating disorder as a teenager as says she is determined to beat the disease so she can have a family.

If you know anyone suffering from an eating disorder, please contact the NEDA, who will provide counseling and help.

To date, Valeria Levitina weighs 25 kg. Now her wish is to gain some weight back.

Image

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sz-nPMTXduo]

About the Anorexia nervosa - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa

1 comment: